Friday, December 12, 2008

First Aids

Compared with the “ideal-one” showed in Wikipedia, my first aid-kit is very very simple, but even though is done and ready to go to the car. When I start to get together all the little things for it I couldn’t avoid in thinking in how in a more serious accident it could be completely useless. All those things inside are for “little damages” and unfortunately car accidents so many times bring “big big damages” and for those a first-aid kid is nothing… Despite that I want to focus on positive things and if in a little trip someone get hurts or feel bad, yes, my kit can help =)

So, my first aid kit already has:
* Gauze roller bandages
* Adhesive bandages
* Sterile gauze pads
* Adhesive Tape
* Gloves
* Scissor
* Antispetical Povidone Iodine Wipe (Betadine)
* Pain-and-fever-killers (Ben-U-Ron, Nimesulida, Tylenol)
* Sugar
* Needle and Line
* Tweezer
* Thermal blanket/Space Blanket

Still missing:
* A gel for some skin problems (burns, sunburns, itching)
* Aspirin
* Anti dhiarrea medication (we never know!)
* Sterile Eye Wash
* Digital Thermometer

It isn’t much, but are all the things that I know how to use in little situations =)
I know that the idea can sound idiot, but I’m still going to study the cost of a fire extinguisher…

Others
* Yesterday I saw “Le Fabuleux Destin de Amélie Poulain”, my 2nd movie from the 101 movies to see from IMDB List
* It’s being much more difficult to read a whole newspaper than not to turn on the TV one day for week…actually, I think I’m doing that about two nights for week, while the newspaper is only full read about two or three days after I bought it

No comments: