Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quiet Sundays

I don’t know why Portugal is a country where the Carnival is so celebrated (especially in that so brazilian way of samba + naked girls + parades) but I do know that this brings a wonderful quietness to places that are not very in the mood for that, like Lisbon or Sintra. Tomorrow I will be able to stay more 10 or 15 minutes in bed because yes, the traffic will be less to the centre of the city, and I’m already thinking in the 101 things that I will do on tuesday, the national holiday given by the state (to everybody goes crazy and act like an idiot). Portuguese simply love the weeks with national holidays in the middle, the perfect excuse to not work, and this week is really a week of working the less possible. I’ve heard that we are the european country that has more holidays in a year (14) and in June we even have a week with 3 holidays in the middle. I admit that I also love holidays and I think that’s because they give us the possibility of doing something different, something more pleasantly and nicely in the middle of a week. The though is really something like “where I will go or what I will be doing on next sunny tuesday?” and just the exercise of thinking in the possibilities it’s good.

About the list… lately I’ve been reading a lot and I’m in that point of, without know very well how, having 3 books on the desk (curiously one in portuguese, other in english and other in french), two or three newspapers that I want to read with more attention, the february magazine of my work, also to read with more attention, two little books related with some school-works and finally a book of probabilities and statistic. Unlike the “writing tasks”, I think that the “reading tasks” will not be hard to achieve… I’ve been thinking in the monologue and dialogue tasks and thanks to a little “help” that came from the cold, I’m also studying the possibility of recording the final result in an audio format. I heard some days ago two “audio plays”, that were broadcasted by BBC and I stood simply delighted with them. It’s incredible the action, the feelings and the laughs, that someone can transmit only with the voice and I really was admired with that. I also know that it’s not easy, but it’s that thing, when you find new pleasures, you want very badly explore them more.

I already listened the Bach’s Cello Suites, but I think that I can’t talk about the “like it or not” yet. It was in an end of a day, at the same time that I was reading something, and in the end I had that feeling of “I don’t know…”, of “I must to hear it again”. Classic music is really so different from the things that I’m used to hear that I think that it wasn’t enough that first contact, that first listen… Does this make sense?
(now that I think on it, I think that it does…there were many albums that I only started to like at about the 3rd or 4th time that I heard them)

No comments: