Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Challenge

It all started because I really spent too many time on the internet. I was seeing nothing at special (and I was doing it for a while) when I saw a site of a girl that was talking about 101 things that she has to do in 1001 days! I saw it quickly and since then I loved the idea. I went out for work but always thinking “And if it was me, what 101 things would I do in so many days?”. When I arrived I let her a note on the page saying more or less “What a great idea…I think I’m going to do the same”. And I did.

At first it was not so easy as I thought that it would be, after all 101 things are too many things. To reach the first 30/40 is very simple, to define 60 it’s a little bit slower, and by the time that I was thinking in my 75th thing I already lost at least about 10 minutes between defying two more things. In one of these lacks of inspiration I went again to the net and see if somebody else had this idea also. And it was a surprise for me… An all world of “101 things to do in 1001 days” appeared to me, with lists of all over the world: finished lists, failed lists, house-related lists, life-lists (some people in the 1001 days wanted to know the man/girl of her/his life, get married, buy a house and have babies!), but most of all, lists of persons that were really trying to accomplish their goals. I saw some great ideas (some so crazy that I know that I couldn’t do them) and some that really have something to do with me. So with a little bit of help, to achieve my 101 list was now a little bit easier.

I never liked the feeling of “Hummm…and now what?” and of not having anything to do. Despite that I admit I always was a little bit lazy, I always wanted to do so many different (and sometimes, very simple) but for a reason or another I ended up not doing them. So, no more excuses now. This are things that I really want to do and if I have a tight timetable, even better.

Finally, I don’t want this to be an “empty promise”. I think that these kind of lists appear to promise an idea of happiness and of enjoying life that can be danger. I must always have on my mind that is not by fulfilling each one of these things that I’m going to have the guarantee of happiness. Above all I must live every minutes of my life, and I’m perfectly aware that it’s not going be easy all the times. To forget about me for a minute and in a moment be there for a friend is so much more important than so many of these 101 things. Some of them can be superficial, unnecessary, even silly, but are my very own 101 things, and I want to try them. Probably I’m going to hate doing some of those, even unpredictably. Sometimes we think that we’re going to like of something new and in the end, in reality, is something that is very “down” comparing with our expectations. I know that’s going to happen. It’s like life. I just have to be prepared and not letting that to gain much importance.

So, my 1001 blue days (and nights) are just at my door…and I have so many things to do with them =)

No comments: