Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Longest Way

After a week completely crazy I have finally time to waste some time with my “little world”. That included first of all spending all the morning in the bed (very very warm) just seeing a movie, closing my eyes, looking at the clock and saying it “this time you won’t get the best” =)

I tried to solve the photo machine problem and unfortunately I couldn’t do it…worse, I find new problems on my computer!! What would be the fun in resolving just one problem, please, 4 or 5!! In some way I must to get smarter trying to solve all those unexpected problems, right? So, why to loose the whole afternoon with those issues if I my sister has a computer? So yes, I took the machine and the cable, I passed the photos to her computer, put them in my usb pen, brought it to my computer, downloaded and finally I put them here. The longest way? Yes, it was, but for me it seemed the pleasant way of doing it without break anything and annoy myself. So I started the path of #21.

There are two things that I compromised to do weekly, one I did and other…well, I blame the American Elections by not doing it. Today I bought the newspaper…one that I like very much, called “Publico”. I used to buy the Friday edition, because it has a weekly-extra that I really like, “Ypsílon”, but on Saturdays it brings a weekly-extra dedicated to journeys. So I decided to try the Saturday edition to decide which one I prefer. But no, I haven’t read it yet from the very first page till the last, but I’m counting with my Sunday to do it =) The other thing, not see TV one day in the week…well, the perfect day to do that this week would be on wednesday, November 5th. I arrive home at 20h00 and literally I was in bed at 21h40, more or less. So, tired and with low levels of patience what better that not to turn on the TV? But it was inevitable… when I was parking my car were 19h54 and in my head was a voice telling me “Hurry up, hurry up, you only have 6minutes before the news start” and yes, I spent about a hour seeing the special edition dedicated to Barack victory. It was incredible how the republicans, when the defeat was inevitable were still drinking and celebrating. The journalist even said to some of them “but look here, at the computer, don’t you see that Obama is already winning?” and they refused to believe in that. That makes me think how our mind sometimes is closed to everything else, defying logic and reason for things that we simple don’t want to see how they really are. Oh well, I’m in debt with one more day without seeing television. But the important is that #9 and #40 are entering in my weekly life =)

Finally, just to say that I still don’t know the films that are on IMDB Top List, but that this week I saw
* The other Boleyan Girl
* Sex and The City, The Movie
I loved the first one (I love history and I love when something gives us the idea of “the other side of history could have been this…” and gives us other ways of thinking in people that really changed their times). The other one, yes, it’s very different, and despite not being a Carrie Bradshaw super fan, sometimes she and her friends make me laugh with all those theories about relations. I liked too =) So, next move…please, stop seeing random movies and go get the list!!

(P.S. All this was written yesterday, Saturday! Today yes, I’m reading my journal and trying to profit this very sunny Sunday!! Right now, I’m going to the coffee. Até já.)

1 comment:

Ana said...

oi Joana, lembrei-me de vir espreitar como vai a tua lista ;)

pois, eu também ando numa de alugar filmes aleatoriamente...simplesmente chego ao "clube vídeo" e não me lembro de nenhum que tenha pensado que queria mesmo ver!... agora fiquei com a ideia de alugar "The other Boleyn Girl" :) vou tomar o teu comentário como uma sugestão ;)

***
ana (subtleLens)