Friday, January 2, 2009

Meanwhile...Things from the List



Well, this wouldn’t be hard to get, but I already have the company from my godmother (I don’t like this word in English…”madrinha” sounds me always so nicer!!) to go to a SPA with me somewhere in the Spring =) It’s really so good to see our friends (and family) trying to help us in our lists. One of the gifts that I had this Christmas was a handmade cookbook from a friend (#65) that had the care of doing all by herself. Literally she started with white sheets and in the end, after choosing the theme and the colours, and printed them, she literally sew the sheets and made the little book. When she gave me the present we were on a coffee taking breakfast with other friend, that even before seeing her present (I was the 1st one to open) said “I don’t know what it’s mine yet, but I already think that I like her gift most than mine” =)

I already one recipe written there (from a sweet dessert, typical from Sintra, my region): now misses the ones from my aunt.

I also saw the film “Requiem for a dream” and honestly I still don’t know what to think and say about it. Definitely is not an easy film, quite the opposite. The journey that we take to the life of that four different persons it’s so hard that makes us sometimes just close our eyes and not to watch. One more time, I don’t know yet what to think about the film. Is it a warning? Is it the desperate path that all our lives can take in a briefly and unexpected moment? Is it easy, to end up like them? Is the world out there most like the film, full of ruined dreams?



To reflect, and think, and see again, and not forget, in the remaining 1001 days.

1 comment:

M. A. Leal said...

O livro de receitas é lindissimo! Conheces gente muito talentosa...